Nursing: The Most Trusted Profession
caring for others with dignity, compassion and professionalism
2020 Nurse Alliance Conference Details:
- May 4 & 5, 2020
- Sheraton Grand Hotel
- 1230 J Street Sacramento, CA
- 10 Contact Hours CEP #3413
Union Nurses Building a Path to a More Just Society
- Structural Racism and the healthcare system; examine the ways in which prejudice, xenophobia, and privilege impacts consumers’ experience of, and access to, quality care.
- Healthcare is for everyone: regardless of age, race, culture, religion, sexual orientation and gender identity. Foster inclusive, respectful and stigma-free environments and build trusting relationships with LGBTQI people and their families.
- A Public Health look at the current problems of homelessness and mental health and how these two areas of contemporary human life overlap and interact.
International Medical Corp & SEIU Disaster Response Manual
- What crises will demand the most attention in 2020? How do SEIU nurses join the deployment roster?
- Disaster Preparedness: Provide an update on how we design responses and prepare for future crises. Respond to changing political and security situations and meet needs in complex crises.
- The purpose of this resource manual is to provide SEIU local unions with guidance and resources for developing or expanding their disaster preparedness and response programs.
Standing up for our patients, our communities and ourselves
- Ya Basta: Time’s been up. For years, working class, women Janitors have been leading the fight against sexual violence in the workplace.
- The Board of Registered Nursing (BRN) Rundown of the Intervention and Enforcement Programs.
- Nurses take the Lead in Healthcare Legislation: How legislation evolves, current legislation that impacts nurses, the patients and communities in their care.
Note: In addition to registering for the conference, you also need to contact your Local for approval of hotel/travel accommodations
For questions, call/text Kathy Hughes, RN at (619) 548-1811 or email email@example.com