SCHOLARSHIPS and LOAN REPAYMENT PROGRAMS!
- Scholarship applications due by February 29, 2016
- Loan Repayment applications due by February 25, 2016.
Please see details and links below to see if you qualify.
Technical Assistance Conference Calls are scheduled for
- Thursday January 28, 2016 and February 11, 2016.
Application cycles are currently open for the Health Professions and Education Foundation scholarship programs and the NURSE Corps Loan Repayment Program:
– Health Professions and Education Foundation (HPEF) Scholarship Program through the California Office of Statewide Health Planning and Development (OSHPD) is now accepting applications through February 29, 2016.
The purpose of the HPEF scholarship program is to improve access to healthcare in underserved areas of California by providing scholarships to health professional students who are dedicated to providing direct patient care in those areas. In return for this support, recipients agree to provide direct patient care in a medically underserved area (MUA) of California for a period of one to three years. For additional information, visit their website.
– Health Resources and Services Organization (HRSA) 2016 NURSE Corps Loan Repayment Program application cycle is now open and will close on February 25, 2016.
The purpose of the NURSE Corps Loan Repayment Program is to assist in the recruitment and retention of professional registered nurses (RNs) and advanced practice registered nurses dedicated to working in health care facilities with a critical shortage of nurses, or working as nurse faculty at an eligible school of nursing. The program offers these RNs substantial financial assistance to repay a portion of their qualifying educational loans in exchange for full-time service at either a health care facility with a critical shortage of nurses or at an eligible school of nursing in the case of nurse faculty. A pre-recorded Webinar is available and covers eligibility requirements, the online application process, and resources for those considering applying to the NURSE Corps Loan Repayment Program.
Technical Assistance Conference Calls are also scheduled for further assistance:
Technical Assistance Conference Call #1
|Date:||Thursday, January 28, 2016|
|Time:||11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. PT|
Technical Assistance Conference Call #2
|Date:||Thursday, February 11, 2016|
|Time:||4:00 – 6:00 p.m. PT|
California Board of Registered Nursing