Congratulations to All SEIU Members!!
Thank you to all of our members, especially the ones that have participated and shared their personal stories of workplace violence these past years. We are very grateful to all of our nurses and staff. Thursday’s event was very special because it was attended by both experienced and new nurse leaders.
We made history when Cal/OSHA Standard Board accepted our proposed language to start the formal Rulemaking process to create a comprehensive workplace violence prevention regulation covering all workers in the California healthcare industry.
Thank you, Kathy Hughes, Mark Catlin and Kimberly Rosenberger, who drafted last minute comments based on input made by employers at the hearing. Thank you, Jon Youngdahl, for your comments and holding down the forth inside. Last but not least, thank you Dr. Richard Pan, California State Senator from the 6th District, for testifying about your own experience of workplace violence during the press conference. We had great press coverage before the hearing where Kathy and Ingela were interviewed on live TV (please see links below).
We are very thankful to our CNA brothers and sisters for showing up to support us during the hearing.
At the conclusion of the meeting, SEIU members listened to the Standard Board comments which were mostly positive.
Here is the coverage by the various media outlets.
- KTXL FOX – Sacramento. California Safety Standards for Healthcare Workers.
- KION CBS – Monterey. News Channel 5/46 Your Central Coast News Source at 6PM.
- Sacramento Bee. Nurses represented by SEIU Local 121RN and the SEIU Nurse Alliance of California will rally outside the hearing at 9:30 a.m. urging the board to …
- KCRA 3 News at 10, KQCA – Sacramento, Nurses Rally for Stronger Workplace Violence Prevention Regulations
- FOX – Sacramento. Both the California Nurses Association and the Nurse Alliance of California rallied outside the State Resources Building on Thursday morning
- Univision – Sacramento. Plan de seguridad en hospitales.
- Capital Public Radio. Nurses Rally For Workplace Violence Prevention Rules.
At the Hearing: